That's right - I could psychoanalyze it and say I just needed something that I could totally manage (unlike the laundry/cleaning/can't get rid of this head cold situation) - OR you could just say that I really just wanted it to be fixed. All I know is that the stupid lens cap would not open all the way and it was driving me crazy and I just started taking screws out and miraculously, IT worked! I think there were about 16 small screws, of random sizes, and admittedly, the first time I put it back together, only 1/2 of the features were working, but after removing all the miniature screws with my fatty fingers twice, powering off a few portions, and reconnecting a few accidentally disassembled cables, it is as good as new.
FYI - 6 weeks to go (at the most!). Lauren tells me every day how much bigger the baby is getting, and Brooke has asked me the last two nights how your belly can grow like that (does it hurt, can you feel it? etc, etc.) and I'm actually a little melancholy about the last week of school - maybe I'm not ready for it to be over yet....
4 comments:
You are busy building all kinds of stuff like a camcorder and a baby.
Six weeks. Woot!
well, well, well. i see we have a mrs. fixit in our midst. very impressive.
Hey, I have a printer that isn't working and my garage door and what the heck Justin's car could use a tune-up. I'm just saying if your up to fixing stuff...
As I was reading your blog, Brian peeked in over my shoulder and was instantly transfixed on your project. You know, you are very cool to be able to fix and do all the stuff you do! Very impressive!
Post a Comment