Thursday, November 5, 2009
She was right on that one
So at one point today I actually told Ashley that tomorrow was NOT Friday. Unfortunately, it is in fact already Friday. Honestly, I thought it was going to be Wednesday. The tides have shifted with the drama at school . Now Ashley is happy because she isn't sitting by the annoying boy in her class, and so of course, Brooke has gotten moved for this month to sit next to the most annoying boy in her class. Sadly for her, even I know how annoying this kid is (he's really quite infamous), but what can you do? I did actually call her teacher and ask if he could at least make sure that the child is not putting his grimy hands and notebook all over Brooke's desk (she said every day he gets there and just dumps his stuff all over even though she asked him not to). I didn't exactly use the word grimy, but this is the first time I've ever called one of Brooke's teachers and asked them to intervene on her behalf, which in 5 years I think is not too shabby. It actually backfired on me, though, because they did have a sitdown where her teacher helped walk the other kid through appropriate and inappropriate behavior and informed him that it was actually making Brooke not want to go to school. So then later in the day in the middle of a test, the kid leans over and says, "so, were you crying this morning? what about?" Brooke hates it when people see her cry, which she should probably just get used to if she has my genes, but anyway she took that as a direct affront to her ability to function as a normal human being so she gave me the big sarcastic, "thanks for calling my teacher" as she came in the door. Good thing this will all be over after elementary school (insert hilarious awkward laughing right here as I realize it is only going to get worse!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yeah, I got Evan Saturday school once at middle school when I went all mama t-rex on the assisstant principal. I don't think there are that many sssss in assisstant but it's late...and he was an @ss.
school woes. what fun. and who knew you already had a teenager in training. sounds like she has the sarcasm thing down.
I can say that the best way to assure that you don't get stuck by the annoying kids is to be chatty. She's just so good and quiet that her teacher is sacrificing her for the greater good. Hang in there Brooke!
seriously , what is a mom supposed to do???? I say good on ya for trying to help out!!!!
p.s your kids are so cute! Ashley's punk rocker hair is awesome! And I say your an awesome mom!!!!
Just remind Brooke how James survived the big "G".... Maybe they should have a support group.
Post a Comment