Do you ever just lose a couple of weeks of your life? I feel like the last couple of weeks just disappeared - I know I was up late either cooking, working on photobooks (VERY time consuming, but totally cute!!), being sad about friends moving, thinking about teacher gifts/family gifts, trying to think of things to remember the real meaning of Christmas amidst all the other stuff, and eating candy/treats. Yep, that's it. This was our year to go to Utah so we are usually mostly ready for Christmas by the time we head up. It's very nice because then I have a few days to relax once we get there. On the other hand, I am a very last minute shopper, so it's hard for me to really be done when I still have 4 whole days left! Don't worry, I forgot some things anyway, so I had to make a midnight run to Walgreens on Christmas Eve, so I didn't totally miss out :)
I almost didn't do Christmas cards this year, but once all the cards started rolling in, I remembered how much I love hearing from all our friends and family and didn't want to take the chance of getting cut off someone's list :) Somehow, though, they all still sat at my house for a week until they were going to be late. I think I was so excited I got them done and printed that I forgot you have to actually do something with them after that!
I was stressing myself out about getting everything done until I started remembering why I want to take treats to friends and send cards out - of course, I want everyone to enjoy thoese things, but I mostly just want people to know that I'm thinking of them at this time of year and hopefully they can feel that even if their treat or card is a little smooshed or they didn't get a cute bow and a darling wrapping job (let's face it, if they know me, they know that's about what to expect :)). I do so love an excuse to drop by people's houses, even in the rain, and to send a note to someone I haven't talked to all year. Now onto the road trip...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment