Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year's.. nothing flashy, but lots of sparkles.

You know what makes for a good New Year's Eve?  Fire.  I know, it seems simple.  I would also include friends, food, reminiscing on the old year, planning for the new...blah, blah, but seriously, I think the real money maker is some sort of firey excitement.  I think the Mendel's were doubting us just a little when WII Wheel of Fortune took over from the Just Dance game (once the Waldv.'s were done dancing, the novelty was over.. :)).  We had a nice fire going.


But the real hit was the sparklers/fireworks.


Since I'm an awesome mom, I even stayed up with the girls and played Electronic Monopoly until the real midnight.   2011.  sweet.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Yes, you definitely are an awesome mom! My boys' biggest regret was that they forgot to bring their stash of fireworks on our new year's trip.

BTW, Fox has definitely increased the cute quotient in the nursery. He is absolutely adorable--even when he's crying.