Every day after school the kids come in the front door and dump their backpack right in the doorway. Didn't they realize they are supposed to be piled neatly inside the front room? Oh yeah, that wasn't a great option either, so I finally tried to find a solution. I got this table off Craigslist. Here are the things I considered: I had exactly 30" in all 3 of the places I was considering putting it. So basically any table that was 30" wide was pretty much in. Except for it was not very attractive. So I painted it. I started with a beige color and that was just too plain, so then I added a glaze with a little yellow in it on top. I liked the yellow a lot, but the glaze was too light, so I added more paint in. Then I was worried it was too yellow, so I put a little gray glaze on the top. I'm not sure if it looks that much different than if I had just painted it yellow, but in the end, I actually really like it! I thought maybe I would get sick of it, so I was nervous to post it if I hated it in like a week, but it's been in there for about a month and I still like it, so I guess it stays :) {too bad one of the doors has already broken off from the kids yanking it open to put their backpacks in.. oh well :))


6 comments:
Look at you!! I love it! Great color choice.
Love it! I love the yellow
It looks very professional, great job.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I am obsessed with that yellow lately. Was it spray paint or normal paint? It looks awesome! Nice job.
It's perfect. What a great job. I envy your painting skills
That looks like a big project to me. It turned out beautifully. Good work!
Post a Comment