We took sandwiches (paninis and grilled cheese), and enjoyed a beautiful picnic/day outside. At one point, Robie lay down on the blanket and was taking a nap, so Fox cuddled in right next to him, because he "wanted to take a nap", too. Only Robie really napped, but still, it was cute, nonetheless.
Unfortunately for the girls that were excited for their Frisbee action, they were clearly recipients of their mother's genes when it comes to their ability to actually effectively throw or receive said disc. Seriously, it's not as easy as it looks - it doesn't go where you want it to, and then when you go to catch it sometimes you catch the edge wrong - it's quite difficult! Don't worry, Robie won't give up on them :) For the ride back, Robie and I tried to strong arm Fox into putting his bike in the car (I specifically drove for that purpose), but he was having none of that and insisted on riding all the way back. I even followed them in the car, pulling over at about the halfway mark to say, "are you sure you don't want to just get in and ride home?" By this time Robie was just walking his bike next to Fox and neither of them seemed to mind. I did appreciate the tenacity :)
No comments:
Post a Comment