I also took Fox to the zoo today. This was precipitated by a radio commercial he heard for the "World Famous San Diego Zoo." on Saturday night. He was asking if we had ever been there, and I was appalled - I love the zoo. We had a great day, and he was cracking me up with his numerous questions: "Why can't the animals that live in the water come out of the water (the fish in the hippo tank) and figuring out that there is a periscope in the playground area - none of my girls ever gave it a second thought but he was digging it. He'd look through it and then I'd stand in front and say, "well there's no way you will figure this out, because I can't see you, so you won't be able to see me, but how many fingers am I holding up?" and then he would get the answer correct and I would be duly amazed. It was fun, except for the part before we got there where he was on the Ipad playing for a minute while I got ready and then had ipad brain. He didn't want to go anywhere, he just wanted to stay home and stare at more tv or ipad. So the entire way down he cried and screamed about how much he didn't want to go to the zoo. After we were done, I asked him how he liked the "World Famous San Diego Zoo" and he said, "That's the same one we always go to". um, yeah, sorry, dude. He still said he had fun, though.
In an effort to be very productive, I loaded up the numerous bags of cans and bottles we had been saving to take to the recycle center in Miramar. Fox was also very traumatized about this and was screaming about how he didn't want to take them in. When we rolled in there after the zoo, it was seriously a mad house (you know I wanted to use the word zoo right there, but refrained). I've never seen it so busy, but I was committed by then, right? So it took 45 minutes for me to get my stinking $33. After we were done, I apologized to Fox for taking him because it was such a mess. His response: "I told you we shouldn't go there"
1 comment:
Fox is so hilarious!
Post a Comment