So I was perusing some blogs this afternoon and somehow I ended up on one where the lady was talking about actually making her own deodorant and soap. I mean, seriously, I totally support recycling the plastic bags, and I do grow my own strawberries (all 5 of them), but I draw the line at deodorant. Even knowing that Mathew McConaughey doesn't use deodorant (might as well post a gratuitous topless picture if I'm going to mention him, right?) will not sway me from my chemical
s. It did remind me how my grandma used to make her own soap - which I think was made of lye and some other chemically things. The last straw on this other ladies blogs, was that, of course, she also was composting their food waste into her compost heap that she could use if she needed it. Then like 5 minutes later, Martha Stewart comes on tv and is talking about composting your banana peels, etc and then using it in your garden. Now I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one not composting and making my own deodorant. I WANT to like this idea, but I am just not sold yet so I'm not doing it!
s. It did remind me how my grandma used to make her own soap - which I think was made of lye and some other chemically things. The last straw on this other ladies blogs, was that, of course, she also was composting their food waste into her compost heap that she could use if she needed it. Then like 5 minutes later, Martha Stewart comes on tv and is talking about composting your banana peels, etc and then using it in your garden. Now I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one not composting and making my own deodorant. I WANT to like this idea, but I am just not sold yet so I'm not doing it!The kids have actually been enjoying their time back at school and we even did Brooke's piano lesson today. Main problem with this week is that I have had to work out in the evening two days in a row. It is SO hard to get motivated after dinner, but I am proud of myself for doing it. Lauren is on a messy kick lately. It seems like if I turn around she spills or gets into something. Today it was smearing hummus across the counter (she inherited her love of Costco's hummus from me but she doesn't like the pine nuts so she had to spit it out). Yesterday it was the unmixed Crystal Light, then the mixed Crystal Light, then her yogurt. Should I take this as an indication that I need to do something differently since all these incidents happen when she is eating at the counter? hmm, i'll have to consider that. On a positive front, Ashley finally likes school. She doesn't love it, but they are using the computers, which she likes (thank you Webkinz) and now that she can read a little better I think she finds things a little easier to do.

8 comments:
Thank you for the picture, wink. I won't be composting or making my own deoderant...pahlease!
I plan on the composting...but my own deo? Nope. Not going to happen.
That is all crazy talk. It's probably good for the enviornment but I don't know how people have time to do this kind of stuff. I hardly have time to stop at the store to buy deodorant. Matthew has always been one of my favorites, great picture. That picture of the girls is sooo cute. Seriously, they are all adorable. And they all look so different. I expect some blogs featuring mom while she is there visiting!! :-)
LOL, yah I'm not into the composting thing. Linc got dog poo on his shoe yesterday & we thought it was Hari's poopy diaper, but Hari didn't have a poopy diaper and then there was dog poo all over the car and so I'm not composting anything...YUCK (sorry that I said Poo too many times, but when I think of compost, I think poo). You can delete this post Michelle...I won't be offended.
I might go ahead and try it..maybe i will sell it to some of the wives here that don't use it...lol. Seriously it can't be that hard right? Although grandma did sit out there forever working on something.
I enjoy my carbon footprint, all of it. I think I may go out today and buy some aerosol spray deodorant just to be defiant. And seriously, if you ever make your own soap or deodorant I will not hang out with anymore. At all. Perfect reason not to do so.
Thanks for the great eye candy!! I may compost someday, but I will never make my own deodorant.
ooh I like this post
Post a Comment