
ok, that might be an exaggeration, it was more like this:
Well, they weren't quite as happy as that, but there were two of them. So as I hang up with an "i'll have to call you back", and the one says, "We had a 911 call from this house - someone was asking for their mommy". Oh boy, seriously? Asking for their mommy? You're thinking to yourself - well, I wonder if she was embarrassed? I wasn't yet, but I would be soon! I knew it must be Lauren because I looked back and saw a bunch of gibberish numbers on the phone, and then I looked back further and saw the "9116161" number, so it was clearly an 2 year old sort of behavior. That's when Ashley came up. Here's the rest of the conversation:Me: I'm so sorry, I don't know how that happened. My 2 year old must have gotten the phone, and...
Ashley: I didn't do it (boldly) and with fear in her eyes (I know that this is just what she does when she is freaked out and I do not take this to mean that she knew anything about it), BUT
Officer: Well, it sounds like someone knows what happaned....
Me: Ashley, do you know what happened?
Ashley: It was Lauren (again, boldly with even more vigor and fear)
Me: Did you see her or are you just guessing?
Ashley: Just guessing
Me; I don't think she really knows anything, she's just a little freaked out - I think it was my 2 year old just dialing random numbers (pointing to phone and random numbers on the redial)..
Officer: Well, it looks like we don't have an emergency here
Me: Not til you leave and I get a hold of my children (ha ha, i didn't really say that but i thought about it)... OK, I really said how carefully I would be watching them and how I would make sure talk to them about how serious that is, blah, blah..
Officer: I'm SURE you will...
AAGHGHGH. For Ashley's sake, I sure hope she doesn't ever get busted really doing something, because she would go down hard - she looks guilty even when she's not!
9 comments:
Brynn called 911 when she was a baby. I didn't get a visit from John and Ponch. I did get a phone call. You know, little thumbs have easy access to the 9 and 1 on a phone.
Glad there was no real emergency.
How funny--now. I was so paranoid about this happening that I wouldn't program 9-1-1 into the phones, and we had MANY lessons on why you SHOULD call 9-1-1 and why you should NOT call. We've cut our own hair, but we've never "accidentally" called 9-1-1. How funny! Hang in there!
LOL...oh the memories. I think Hudson has called 911 at least 5 times. Will's phone automatically calls it when you hold down the one too long, but cops at the front door...that's priceless.
i think i would have passed out. either from the officers being so cute or being so scared myself, not. crazy! my boys know not to call the 911, but they know in an emergency "put on your shoes, grab your backpack, go to the tree, blow your whistle" and because of that "blow your whistle" bit (they do have their own whistles) i'm scared to practice drills.
Seriously, what is up with you, your kids and officers?? I am just thinking back to that race incident... I can't tell you how many times my little sister dialed 911 when we were kids. But, usually my parents just got a call.
Count your blessings that they didn't charge you! Most places charge $300 a call for a phony emergency...even if it was an accident. Our neighbors have been charged 4 times, even though it was there 3 yr old!
Wow! I can't stop laughing cause I am serious picturing Chips there at your door in his short patrolman shorts!!!
That is the worst! I can't believe they actually came to the door, when Carson did it, they just called back. Oh how funny! I'm sure it looked like the first picture to Ashley!
That is hilarious!!! Cops make me so nervous I'd probably freak out if one came to my door.
Post a Comment