Monday, April 13, 2009
Shouldve thought of that
The Easter Bunny is very inconsistent at our house. Some years he comes on Saturdays, others (like this year when i think he might have almost completely forgotten) he comes on Sunday. He always leaves string all over for the kids to follow until they get to their baskets.
Just a tip for those who are not procrastinators- its kind of hard to find good candy on Saturday night (Target, Albertsons, Ralphs and Rite Aid - so sad). We didn't even decorate our eggs until today, although I did boil them on Friday if that counts for anything?
I love reading about other people's ideas (check Laura's blog) to keep the real meaning of Easter but still have fun with it. I want to remember to do more cool things like that next year - honestly I hardly even remembered it was coming. Luckily we had picked out some fabric a while ago that was perfect for the occasion, and Robie's mom did an awesome job as usual making some cute little dresses. I just love that the girls are still willing to wear matching dresses - I have a feeling that won't last long (although our little boy is going to look so great in his little kilts , ha ha).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Cute dresses for cute girls. Looking forward to seeing everyone in June. Keen and I had such a great time in Utah with your mom and dad.
You know I'm a big fan of Marianne's sewing talent. Those girls looked soooo pretty on Sunday. Even Robie looked good with his pink spring shirt! Love it!!! I like the string idea. That's a new one that now 2 of my friends have talked about. See how blogging is good!
That string idea is fun, I can imagine the kids loving it! My mom sewed matching dresses for us 5 girls for occasions like Easter. I think she made matching shirts for my brother and Dad. Fun memories. Your girls look adorable!
that picture is a keeper! and don't worry about the easter bunny- he did in fact completely forget our house this year. c'est la vie.
I was lucky enough to see the girls in person on Sunday. I loved the big girl's shrugs. The fabric is darling and I love the different color ribbons. Now can we talk hair? Shut up! The braids and twists were the perfect finishing touch.
I still send my boys Easter ties. I'll probably be doing it when I'm 80.
I love the dresses! We STILL haven't colored eggs this year. Hard to remember to do that when our Easter bunny only hides the plastic eggs--because of Mom's OCD/food safety issues. Our Easter bunny didn't come until after Church--next year we're making an appointment to have him come on Saturday. I'm writing it on the calendar now, so I won't forget.
I like the string idea! The girls look so pretty in their dresses!
I love the string idea, it reminds me of the old parent trap movie where they string up their cabin! I was able to see your girls on Sunday, and they looked adorable!! The different colored ribbons were so fun, just a little touch that made each one unique. Ok, so how early did you have to get up to do their hair?
. . . So pretty!! Those hair videos you are watching are totally paying off!
The dresses turned out so cute. I wanted to see you guys on Sunday, but never found you. Your MIL is awesome! I can't wait to see what Fox wears, maybe you can just sew a seam down the dresses to make manpri outfits for him. Who would want to waste. My boys wore pink ties this year, I forced it on them but they were so cute! I think I am just a little obsessed with pink right now.
I am definitely going to ask the Easter Bunny to do the string thing at our house next year. What a great idea! The girls look so sweet.
Cute dresses; love the different spring colored ribbon.
Post a Comment