- Why, of course you can go to bed early Lauren
- Lauren, would you like to go to bed early tonight?
- Let's get home so we can get ready and then get to bed early
Poor kid. At least I'm trying to help her get "tomorrow" and "yesterday" figured out. Right now "tomorrow" is actually the term for both "tomorrow" and "yesterday". It can get very confusing, for example, when she is asking where we are going tomorrow and then doesn't like my answer, because really she is trying to remember the name of the place we were yesterday. It kind of makes me wonder if that is how aloha came to mean both hello and goodbye. Maybe at some point long long ago on one of the Hawaiian islands, one small child just couldn't get it right and eventually their parents just gave up - next thing you know its a cultural phenomenon. I mean, "sick" has changed meanings in my lifetime, right?
4 comments:
This girl and her stories make my day.
Sniffing and kissing Fox doesn't hurt either.
Aloha and shalom.
So yesterday Lauren cracked me up. She was walking into the gates at school and struting (sp?) her stuff. I was holding Camille and she confidently said, "Hi there Camillio" and then chuckled to herself. She cracks me up! I love it. Such a cute girl!
Sammy's latest is "later". EVERYTHING is later and I've noticed it has all sorts of meanings!
Try explaining yesterday and tomorrow without actually using the words "yesterday" and "tomorrow". We've had the same thing going on over here.
Post a Comment