Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Just put your jammies on

Fox actually fell asleep on his own today for a nap. I just laid him down and within 10 minutes he was asleep - crazy! A few times he has fallen asleep in the car (rarely), but mostly he likes to try nursing to sleep and then he wakes up in 10 minutes. So I've tried not nursing him and then he usually screams for about an hour until it is time for him to actually eat again. But after 9 months of working with him I got an hour, and I've never been more proud. Yesterday he got the biggest kick out of Robie carrying him around in the laundry bag. It is my new favorite laundry accessory - my old laundry basket not only had a crack in it, but I had to move just right to get through doorways and then it got kind of heavy when I loaded 2 loads into it at once. This one can fit two loads of laundry, or one child.
Tonight Lauren ate dinner, mostly because it was plain spaghetti with parmesan cheese. What a thrilling night, since she got to have a treat. She had to put her jammies on first, though. Halfway through her dessert, I realized how she had gotten her nightie on so quickly. In order to expedite the process, she did, in fact, just put her nightgown on over the top of her clothes. I guess tomorrow I'll have to ask her to take her clothes off, THEN put her jammies on.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute!

jessica said...

Laundry bag is genius!! It is even better that it has so many uses.

Valerie said...

I love that little guy in the bag. Oh, how I wish he came free with purchase.

3WimmerBoys said...

That is one smart girl, fastest way to a treat. Funny that I as I type I am trying to get my boys to put their jammies on. They've been naked for about 20 minutes now while I check my email etc...That's the way we role around here!