Sunday, December 11, 2011

Our little lion

Lauren has been ice skating every week with Robie's mom and loving it. Robie's sister, Jani, is handicapped and has ice skated for Special Olympics and special skaters for years. The older girls skated a little when they were younger but this was actually the first time that one of them has skated in a show. She was so excited - I thought she might be a little bit nervous, but she was just pumped up for her moment to shine.


 see, she's the lion with the hair thing and her arms out...
It was fun to see Nana (Robie's grandma, so the girls' greatgrandma.  She helps Robie's aunt cater the food for the judges and all the volunteers for the shows, so was working hard, but took a break to watch Lauren :))


I'm not going to say we loved every minute of it, after all it was a 2 1/2 hour long skating show!  My feet were seriously frozen, I almost made Brooke take her Ugg's off and switch with me, but first I think they were too small, and second, she said her feet were cold, too.    Of course, we actually had two parties later that night at which I was taking quite a few desserts: 
so I was also feeling just a little bit time-crunched in the first place!  Great thing about two parties in one night is you only have to have one cute outfit and get ready once :)  Our neighbor, Lucy, even asked us to pose for this shot and then took it for us - and it turned out super cute. 

and we got one of Lauren on santa's lap the ward party.  Can you believe that none of the other kids had any interest in getting on Santa's lap?  didn't bother me or robie a bit! (i'll crop that picture, eventually, or will I?)

Fun day, but along with having a sweet head cold, I was ready for a nap!

1 comment:

Kim & Brian's Adventures said...

That lion costume is super cute!!! I'm with you. Ice skating events are just cold. Much better to watch on TV. :) You two look so cute in that picture!