Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Life Alert

OK, so Brooke was helping me work on getting my Christmas cards out this evening and as we are working on them she says to me, "mom, when Nani gets older she's going to need to get a Life Alert". This may not seem funny to anyone else, but I seriously busted up. I mean, seriously, her Nani is not even 60 yet and it was just so out of the blue. Hilarious. Too bad they don't have commercials that teach kids the importance of cleaning your room.

Lauren today was the queen helper (or so she thought). i was trying to get copious amounts of cookies made and she just wanted to stand by me and say, "i help you" and then I put her up on a chair by me and she kept putting her hands in trying to help with whatever I was doing. She was actually helpful with the sugar cookies, but when I moved onto the Chicken Pot Pie for dinner, she lost her usefulness.

Oh yeah, and we had our first present opening situation today. I was downstairs working on said Pot Pie and all of a sudden I hear wrapping paper being ripped, so I yell up to Lauren and start running. When I got to my room I realize she had already unwrapped 2 presents (she was totally stealth on those ones) and had just opened the biggest ones. I won't say what it was yet, but it was not Polly Pockets, but she seemed to think it was a Polly Pocket set because she saw me and said, "I play polly pockets", like she was so excited to start playing with this new toy. This was all made even more funny because Brooke was home and so I was trying to get Lauren to be quiet (I don't want Brooke getting her hopes up for Polly Pockets that aren't coming :) but she just kept talking about the Polly Pockets. Add more gift wrapping to my "to do" list.

For those following my room mom drama, the craft thing didn't end up being that big of a deal. I actually ran into the mom at the school the next day and she insisted that the teachers "really" wanted to do their craft, but I just walked over and talked to the teacher and she didn't even really care - it was just an art project they could have used if we didn't have anything.. amazing how someone can really put a twist on something. I'm nervous now, though, that the other mom is expecting a lot. I just wanted to take care of it so that the teachers don't have to worry about it and it seems more fun. When they just do a regular art project in their class it isn't any fun. Any tips on games to play (i still haven't sold her on Bingo yet)? Don't worry, though, the other mom had already ordered (this was last week) the cupcakes and the frosting so the kids can frost their own cupcakes.. yippee!

5 comments:

Sunshine said...

Hey...I made Chicken Pot Pie for dinner too...great minds think alike!

Emily said...

Great Blog! Rotten kids, breaking into the christmas presents. Just kidding but it sounds like if Lauren was able to find it they weren't hidden very well. I don't know where mom and dad would hide all of ours?????

ferntyler said...

OK, so the presents weren't hidden at all. We had them under the tree, then Robie moved them upstairs because
Brooke was being obnoxious, so he put them up on the floor in our room (I mean, that is totally safe, right?).. So SAD! I think Mom and Dad hid them in the Storage Room downstairs and that closet downstairs because I remember purposely not going into parts of that (over by the freezer) around Christmas time...

Laura said...

That's so telling, of course you didn't go into the parts of the house where your parents were hiding gifts because you were such an obedient, good child!!
James did once tell me that if he were PResident of the US and could have anything he wanted, he would get a Life Alert. They must have some really good commercials. (I should preface this was before he experienced Guitar Hero...)

Annalisa said...

LOL. Yesterday Lincoln asked "Am I rated E" and I said "yes, because E is for everyone including kids" and then he shouted (loudly) in Target as we passed the video game section "I'm rated E for Everyone" LOL. Gotta love commercials.