Tuesday, January 1, 2008

First Day of the New Year

I know this might sound bad, but I feel so free today because we got all the Christmas stuff taken down, yippee!! I really do like Christmas, but there is just so much stuff and getting it all out of the house is seriously making me feel better - what a way to start the new year, right? Also, new carpet for the whole house is coming in 2 days, I am SO excited -even though I had to clear out the floor of my closet and under my bed today (the girls rooms are tomorrow.. eek).
Ok, so to start the New Year I did something I have only done a couple of times before, I sent a text message. I know that is so sad, but I just have had no need for text messaging in my life, and my sisters love it, so last night it was too late to call but I wanted to let them know I was thinking about them, so I figured it was a good time to try it out. Minor detail I didn't put my name on it (i'm slow and that seemed like a lot of extra work) and one of my sisters didn't recognize my number, so she was like, "who is this?" Nice - it was like 2:30 in the morning her time, too, so I need to find out what she was doing up at that hour anyway! Moving into this year I feel so lucky. I have friends whose company I truly enjoy (I love laughter), family that I can always rely on and just a great life in general.. I'm looking forward to another great year.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Good for you!! I have yet to take my Christmas stuff all down. I am procrastinating, but I really need to buck up and just get it done. I thought maybe I could be a little more helpful with the blog customizing stuff. I have found it really helpful when I come across a blog set up the way I like, to right click my mouse and click view page source. You can then scroll through their html coding and compare it to yours to see the differences.

Laura said...

Happ

Laura said...

Y New Year. (sorry about that..) We missed celebrating with you guys. I'm sure you had a blast, we did too. I'm jealous that you have all your decorations put away. You are so organized!@ I love Jen's new blog background and yours looks great too.
We'll be home soon, we must go on a little run on friday.i'm looking forward to Saturday!!

Laura said...

hey, I just noticed the family on your wall. very cute...
new carpet comes tomorrow, right?
Yipee!!I'm very excited for you.

ferntyler said...

I'm glad you noticed the "family" thing.. we just put that up, so I had taken that picture for my mom to see it and figured I would post it cuz the girls didn't look grumpy :)
thanks for the tips, Jenn.. that is exactly what I needed to know. I coudln't figure out how to change my code, but I should be able to do it if I can see other peoples... i'm going to check yours right now

Sunshine said...

I have never "texted" anyone in my life...it sounds like too much work! I can't wait to see the carpet!