Monday, April 7, 2008

To the Rescue!

Today came and I was having some serious regrets about not having decided to go visit my parents in Utah or just go somewhere for the week. It seems like a majority of people went somewhere this week and I guess I was already feeling left behind. This is where I give my shout out to Diane for coming to the rescue just in the nick of time. I think her pool was at 70 degrees, but the kids didn't even care - they were diving in, shivering, diving back in. After a while they didn't even notice, then after a longer while the jacuzzi was warm so they didn't worry too much about the pool for the last hour or so :). Of course, we couldn't go somewhere without them embarrassing me so they took an invitation to eat ONE orange that had fallen off the tree into a crazy orange eating festival - honestly you would have thought these kids had never seen an orange before (in their defense, they were really good oranges straight from the tree which I don't think they have ever had). Poor Tom came home to a pile of orange rinds that he could see from the street (ok, it wasn't that bad, but seriously). Then they HAD to each take one or two home with them, they were cradling them all the way home like they were babies - so weird. I needed a little chatting time, too, so we all were rescued!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a fun time! I love home grown fruits. We stayed in town as well. But seriously, what kind of spring break weather is this??

Annalisa said...

when i read the phrase "but seriously" i could hear your voice so clearly and see the huge smile on your face...miss yah! fyi--i didn't go anywhere for spring break either. i'm hoping my supportive attitude about geoff's first week at work makes up for my antsy spring fling bug to just race off to somewhere else. i like to read your cruise post when i'm in this mood of travel & weekend getaways. ah!

diane said...

Please come back! Today is a good day.

Laura said...

Abby is loving to look at pictures of Lauren. We miss you! Can't you convince your parents to get a place in SG?!