Monday, December 8, 2008

Warming my heart

We had a close call on Christmas joy last night. After losing the recipe for my favorite sugar cookies, then breaking my cookie spritzer the kids thought I was a complete failure as a mother as I was unable to produce any sugarry goodness. Thank goodness my mother is still crazy successful. After Thanksgiving she sent us a December package. It had something fun for each day for the kids, and, most importantly for last night, ingredients for noodle clusters, one of my favorite Christmas treats. Grandma to the rescue!



We went to the library to pick out a few books this afternoon, which I would say was a huge success. In fact, my kids were so excited about their new books, that Brooke even sat and read to Lauren - 3 books! Wow - cooperation. Ashley was busy reading to me - we actually had to read the book for a book club for her class - I think she's actually kind of nervous about the unknown of a "book club". I think we'll be ok. After last week full of an ornament exchange, soccer, basketball, baby shower, book club and Christmas decorating, it was nice to just sit and read books and relax.

oh yeah, and it is really cold here, I wore long sleeves AND a sweatshirt today - BRRR! :)

3 comments:

Kim W said...

Ok, that last paragraph was just for your fans who DON'T live in SD, huh?! Way to rub it in! I love the holiday traditions and how a little something from when you were small can bring it all back!

Emily said...

Seriously, mom is crazy. You should see my old bedroom. It is FULL of Christmas stuff for all of us. She is amazing. As is Dad for letting her spend all of the money. I haven't had noodle clusters forever.

Annalisa said...

and its raining today...you think it will snow by Christmas?