Since the 4th was on Sunday this year, our neighbors were nice enough to hold the annual 4th of July festivities on Saturday for us, so we wouldn't miss it while we were at church. I was actually really touched that they would care enough that we could be there to make the change. Another fun parade was led by the fire truck this year. We actually know the set of firefighters that came out - the same ones have come a couple of years running, they are super nice and pretty chatty. Anyway, the kids are getting old enough that they are complaining the fire truck is too slow, but, hello, it's a parade, not a race, am I right? I guess the joys of a parade are a little bit lost since we don't really have any spectators, just participants :)
Fox LOVED the fire truck. They actually brought a brand new one, and it was really shiny, so he just kept staring at it and reaching towards it.
For the first time, we incorporated games this year. The favorite was definitely the Tug of War. Ashley was totally obsessed with starting it from the moment the parade finished, so she definitely led the charge (since I was running the games, I didn't take pics, but I think Jenn did, so I'll have to post those later)
On the actual 4th - highlight included singing patriotic songs at church and hanging out with friends for dinner and fireworks. We actually were closer to the fireworks than we have been in quite a while and the kids seemed to be impressed. Monday was not nearly as fun. Robie had the day off, but he worked most of it (wait, how that does work?). We had a little gap in the afternoon where we kind of wandered around town returning things at different stores and shopping around. Lauren cried at each store, for one reason or another - I'm going to go ahead and blame that on the late night before (ok, she has been moody for a while, but this was seriously ridiculous!).
No comments:
Post a Comment