Thursday, September 15, 2011

there are only boring people..

OK, so if my kids ever try the old "I'm bored." I usually give them the old, "There are no boring things, only boring people."   I'm sort of rethinking that one.  This is what I looked at all day today:
 I brought lots to do since I knew I would be sitting for 5-6 hours but the book I picked was boring and it was SO quiet there.   Finally I just pulled out the trusty computer and was good to go.  I was supposed to be sitting, and my muscles were crying out after playing soccer twice this week and running some crazy sprints.  Sitting for hours was a little rough.  Ouch.
As for what I was doing, I've had bothersome allergies for years.  I had a procedure done a couple of years ago that reduced the swelling in my nose but now the major problem has come back and I've been trying all sorts of different allergy medicine to fix it up which have all not worked.  Anyway, today I did something new- I started immunotherapy (allergy shots).  They take all the things you are allergic to and make up a special serum for you take the shots at regular intervals for a few years until you no longer need them and are hopefully feeling better.  Today I did the "rush" version of immunotherapy.  It's like the first 6 months to a year of the shots (72 shots or more) and instead they do 7 shots in each arm at 30 minute intervals.  Then they watch you to see if you react or not. Robie's mom was supposed to watch Fox and the girls but she ended up in the hospital as a result of some post-surgery complications (we think she'll be fine but they are trying to get what they think might be an infection taken care of), so friends and family pulled through (thanks Laura, Robie and Jenn/Mark!)    Now let's just hope it works....

3 comments:

jessica said...

Fingers crossed!

Kim W said...

I've never heard of such a therapy. I hope it works. Hope Marianne is feeling better too. Scarey.

Melanie said...

I think I might use another word besides "boring" to describe getting that many shots in one day! I hope this solves the problem for you! Is Robie's mom doing better?