Thursday, January 31, 2008

Information You have been WAITING for

How long have you been together?
Our first date was the first weekend in May 1996 (the same day my twin sister had her first date with her husband - they got married Aug, '96)

How long did you date?
A year and a half (ok, it was off and on a little there at the beginning), but we got married November 15, 1997.

How old are you?
Robie is 33, I am 34 - he's pretty proud of catching an older woman.

Who eats more?
Robie definitely eats more of almost everything, but aside from bananas and one kind of apple, I definitely eat more fruit - how can a normal person not like fruit, so sad.

Who said "I Love You" First?
What does it say that I honestly don't remember? I'm going to guess Robie? Our love is grander than silly words..... ok, I"ll probably have to edit this when Robie wakes up and helps me out ;)

Who is taller?
Robie - this was up there with "speaks English" as a requirement for my future husband (he's pretty close to my 6 foot cutoff)

Who sings better?
Robie definitely sings better, although he is more picky about what he will sing to - my kids think I am pretty good at the "Barbie - Princess and the Pauper" soundtrack.

Who is smarter?
Um, I think I"ll skip this one. . .

Who does the laundry?
Robie mostly does the laundry but with his new commute, I have been trying to do my part. Robie is definitely better at it.

Who does the dishes?
Robie usually cleans up after dinner, I pretty much do the rest of it (he used to unload the dishwasher in the morning if I ran it the night before, but sadly that has been a casualty of his new job). I'm hoping to have the girls fully trained in dishwasher unloading in the near future.

Who sleeps on the right side?
I think this is Robie, although if you are looking at the bed from the foot of the bed, then I would be on your right, so I guess we are both always right (trust me, that is more true than you know)

Who mows the lawn?
When Robie started doing the laundry, I started doing the yard - believe me it is WAY easier (albeit much dirtier) and if I'm already weeding/cutting, etc. might as well.

Who cooks dinner?
Me

Who is more stubborn?
Are people laughing when I say I don't think either of us is that stubborn.

Who kissed who first?
Robie kissed me (he would say I kissed him, but that would be totally untrue)

Who is more sensitive?
Definitely me, I would definitely not use the term "sensitive" to describe Robie, although he does have a soft side for the girls and I do know a few buttons I can push if I need to.

Who has more friends?
I have more friends in the "talk often/share feelings" arena, but he's pretty close if you count people he COULD call (but probably doesn't)

Who has more siblings?
I have 6 siblings - total count 5 girls, 2 boys (1 died Oct '97)
Robie just has one sister

Who wears the pants in the relationship?
In an effort to appear that I don't wear the pants I will say definitely Robie (probably me) - we must split it?

I tag anyone who has a LONG time to fill out this post (was it just me or was that a lot of questions?)

6 comments:

Emily said...

Robie does the laundry and the dishes??? Are you kidding me, that is awesome! Dan did the laundry and the dishes first time in about 9 months b/c I didn't feel well and had a very long day at work and he wanted to help me feel better. But on a regular basis, no way! I actually don't mind laundry. Dishes kind of bug but whatev! Count your blessing sis!

Jen said...

Good information.....however, not stubborn? Really neither of you??? If you say so :D My interest is a bit peaked about the off again on again in the beginning. Is it blog worthy drama? If so, please tell more.

Laura said...

HEllo...I'm cracking up at the stubborn part.
"Stubborn-ADJECTIVE:Unreasonably, often perversely unyielding(Ashley?); bullheaded. Firmly resolved or determined(Robie); resolute. Characterized by perseverance(Michelle); persistent(Brooke). "

ferntyler said...

OK, guys, We're busted on being a little stubborn in this household... I am laughing so hard right now I seriously have tears coming out of my eyes, so true!

Sunshine said...

You are so funny! I had the same question about the bed thing to...looking at it or lying in it?...Don't J and Robie share feelings when they go on their long rides? I thought that was the kind of friendship they had. Love the stubborn thing.

Maren said...

So what Robbie good with the older women, or are you a bit of a cougar? It makes me sad more people don't know about cougars . . hee hee hee, it is hilarious to see what people say about their relationships!