Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Vote for me..

OK, I haven't even watched the last couple of American Idol episodes. I just keep forgetting about it and then the results are in and I didn't even catch the other show. BUT of course I saw who won and it reminds me of a fun article I was reading in my Newsweek. I know Newsweek sounds all intelligent but really it is just a bunch of editorial pieces, my favorite of which I read last week at the beach titled, "America’s Next Top Mormon -As reality shows dominate television, they're plucking contestants from an unlikely pew" You can actually read it online at Newsweek.com, but my favorite part was when it was talking about how LDS people are in a "sweet" spot because we are a small enough group that it is still exciting to see someone from your church on tv, but a big enough group to make a difference in the voting. I guess not last night (sorry Archulata). Of course, they had to have quotes from Todd, the "gay Mormon", and that one girl that was on the Real World. "There must be something about the Mormon community that makes these people so self-confident and so open," says Lynne Spillman, a casting director for "Survivor" and "The Amazing Race." Maybe that's why there's so many Mormon bloggers, too? When I win the Amazing Race, I hope they have another article for me :)

In Tyler Family Reality, Brooke got her splint off - yippee! She was so happy. I didn't even think it was that big of a deal because she could take it off and on, but it has been really bugging her lately, she was even getting so sick of it she didn't make the effort to cover up the rhino logo that was driving her crazy up until a couple of days ago. Last week if she forgot to put her cover thing on it, she would actually make the effort to fold a napkin just right to cover the logo. Anyway, they showed me the new bone growth on the x-ray and so she is free! She and Ashley are so weird right now, so they wanted to take their AG dolls with us (for the record, up until yesterday they had hardly touched them since Christmas). They were cracking me up carrying them around, though - is that a little weird, or is it just me?
From the dr, I went to help in Ash's class, then Lauren and I met Jenn and Mia at the park - those girls sure love each other (take note that this picture is especially funny after the fact since I totally left the park without the shoes she is taking off in this picture). Also, please pretend that you don't notice the fact that she doesn't have pants on again.

Oh yeah, and don't worry, after the rough night the other day for dinner (I just took those nasty charred pieces of meat off the grill today), I made my kids something today that I could not mess up - cereal, so sad!

4 comments:

The Family Rasheed said...

Yeah for Brooke! Lauren is so cute and I can't believe how big she is getting. I would vote for you as America's Next top Mormon for sure!

diane said...

I vote for you! Wednesday must be No Pants at the Park Day. Loving the girls with their AG dolls!

diane said...

Did you see the article in Newsweek on our Nationally ranked High Schools! I guess all the stupid testing is paying off!

Jennifer said...

Our kids are SOO cute!! Nice pics but I'm still thinking I should vote for myself...ha. TWIN mormons--now those are some freaks that make good TV, lets start sending our audition tapes--I'll make the matching shirts to wear.