Saturday, March 21, 2009

can you say, spoiled?

The weather has been beautiful this week, so as we were sweating on Tuesday, I told the kids we could go swimming after school on Friday. It was a little chillier, so I thought they were crazy, but of course, they weren't about to drop the idea...
when I told Brooke how spoiled they were to be swimming outside in March, she just looked at me a little surprised and asked if it was still cold in some places.. so spoiled they don't even know it.



Got the results of the MRI yesterday. The ligaments and meniscus are all in good shape (good news), so the dr thinks the pain is from a focal lesion they found which is probably a bone bruise or a bruise on the articular cartilage (just a little mass on the MRI, I guess) and it might take 2 or 3 more months to heal (which for a person with very little patience is not exactly happy news). He did do a steroid shot today to hopefully jump start the healing process. He said it might be a little sore for the next couple of days, but it hurt A LOT last night - I must have a low pain tolerance. Should be better by Monday and then the waiting continues...

Nothing welcomes you to a nice Saturday morning like waking up to a flat tire. Luckily, Robie is really handy with the air pump, so we're good to go.

Just kidding, but he did pump it up to take it over to Costco and it didn't end up being too big of a deal - good thing we live close :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
diane said...

Maybe it is time to turn on the solar panels for the pool.

I'm glad the Dr figured out the source of your knee pain. Hope the shots help. I had steroid shots in my shoulder that didn't really help.

Robie is a good mechanic...maybe he should stick to bikes though.

Kim W said...

I'm so lame! I saw the picture of Robie pumping the tire and was like, "really, you can fix it like that? That's cool". You get me every time. Hope the knee heals soon. I know it's been annoying for you.

Jen said...

Sorry to hear about your knee. Hopefully the shot will help you out. You guys crack me up about the tire pumping :D

Jennifer said...

Loving the pool time. Congrats (?) on the knee issue, should be healed in time for some serious Yellowstone hiking in a few months...

Annalisa said...

ah! swimming...i'm jealous.