Tuesday, March 17, 2009

so nice.. private parts?

We don't live that far from our cousins but we still just don't hang out with them enough. We had a fun night the other night. As much as I love playing games, I definitely prefer when my kids play the games with their cousins and I get to chat (although ideally, they would play games and then I would play games with the adults, but lets not push our luck, right?).


Anyway, it was also nice because Robie and I had gone to the fetal echocardiogram earlier in the day and and the cardiologist gave us the all clear. I have been feeling like it was going to be ok, but ironically that was starting to make me feel like maybe there was really something wrong. Like I had been given this peace because I would need to deal with something major (talk about paranoia). They basically performed an ultraound similar to the ones we had seen before, but with a few settings different and with a cardiologist watching. They pretty much only looked at the heart, although the ultrasonographer also felt some strong need to show us another shot of the "boy parts." Maybe I'm still just not used to that, but I still found it odd when she was shaking the part on my belly so that the baby would move around and she could get a good shot. In fact, the only picture we got was of his private parts. Hilarious, and a little bizarre.

7 comments:

diane said...

Are you growing an exhibitionist? I'm glad he has a strong heart. Wonderful private news.

lisset said...

first of all- that last post made me laugh. need i mentioned how much i loathe scrubbing the tub?! i wouldn't be surprised in the least if ethan made the same comment one day...
and glad things are all clear on the baby front! yay for healthy heart and boy parts, right?

Emily said...

I am so glad everything is okay. What a relief. I know it may be kind of lame but you need to have a baby countdown on the side of your blog of something like it. I'm always trying to figure remember how far along you are and how much time you have left.

Laura said...

C'mon, do the baby countdown, you know you want to!

Unknown said...

I am with Emily and Laura! I like seeing the countdown! I am glad everything turned out all right. I am with you on the paranoia! Can totally relate! I can't wait to see your sweet boy! Are you going to get one of the 3d ultrasounds?

Bryn said...

That was Bryn on the last post.

Jennifer said...

Countdown!! Countdown!! Game time was awesome---and we got to leave the mess there--double awesome--haha.