Yesterday morning was our annual neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. All the neighbors stuff a bunch of eggs with candy/money/toys, combine them together and t
hen the kids have to stay inside while the adults hide the eggs. Lucky for Lauren, we divide it up by age, so the younger kids don't get trampled by the older kids (although this did involve me darting from Lauren to Brooke to Ashley in totally different yards to get cute pictures of their egg hunting). The great neighbors even had foam Easter crafts, dyeing eggs, cupcake decorating (with dyed green coconut for gras
s, of course).. even bagels and cream cheese for the adults! Seriously sometimes these guys make me feel like a real slacker for just prepping the eggs and showing up, but if they're going to keep agreeing to do it, who am I to get in their way? We ended the whole thing a few minutes early because there were like 2 sprinkles of rain and we were all a little worried it was going to get really ugly.
Since we were done and the weather was looking ok, Robie and I decided to take the kids on a h
ike (ok, mostly we did this because we were going to take them camping this weekend, but we are fair weather campers and it was going to be stormy Sat night). Anyway, it was SO great! We went down to Penasquitos canyon and the Hannas (next door neighbors) joined us. We got there and realized it was a 1.8 mile hike to the waterfall, which I was very skeptical the kids could do, but they did it! Ashley and the younger Hanna girls were getting pretty tired by the end, but we had a great picnic at the waterfall and how can you go wrong when you have rocks and water? The kids had so much fun climbing on rocks, throwing little rocks into the water. The babies thought it was the best, because they got carried there and just had to walk around to run and play! There were also a ton of caterpillars. We are definitely going to have to take the girls back in a little while to see all the butterflies. 4 hours well spent!

6 comments:
We had the Easter egg hunt in the old hood. This hood is a backyard neighborhood. I miss the old front yard group! Good thing you didn't go camping! That was some crazy weather!!
both the egg hunt and the hike look like fun. your girls are so cute!
Seeing your pictures from the Penasquitos preserve makes me miss running it. I used to run it all the time. I honestly can't remember the last time I was there. I bet the girls loved the waterfall. Remind me sometime to tell you my rattlesnake story from there. Now that I think about it...the rattlesnake story happened the last time I was there!
how fun.
Those sure are some cute kids. I remember when you were pregnant with Brook !
We've got to do that hike with you next time. We'll have to borrow a backpack though...
Post a Comment